Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Here is the messages I'm not sure if I misunderstand it
Me: so why u hope I don't respond u, and u u said u don't want to be friend with meHe: I don't But I have to answer your question becomes it make me worry. "

My question is he replied " I don't " means "he don't" hope I don't respond him or "he don't" want to be friend with me.
I really don't want to misunderstand it, so plz help me figure out with this .. thank you

Here is the behind story He's my ex bf who is English native speaker from USA ,we broke up for one moth due to religion problems, and I asked him which denomination he join in, and after he messaged me back, he told his friend he don't want me to reply him and be friend with me, so I asked him that

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Your message doesn't make sense.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As I understand it your ex-boyfriend doesn't want to get back together with you. If he did he would not mind you sending him a message.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Here isthe [STRIKE]messages[/STRIKE] message. I'm not sure if I [STRIKE]misunderstand[/STRIKE] have misunderstood it.

Me: so why u hope I don't respond u, and u u said u don't want to be friend with me
[STRIKE]He[/STRIKE] Him: I don't But I have to answer your question becomes it make me worry.

[STRIKE]My question is he replied[/STRIKE] I don't know if his reply, "I don't", means he doesn't hope I don't respond him or he doesn't want to be friends with me.

I really don't want to misunderstand it, so [STRIKE]plz[/STRIKE] please help me figure this out. [STRIKE]with this ..[/STRIKE] Thank you.

Here is the [STRIKE]behind[/STRIKE] backstory. He's my [STRIKE]ex bf[/STRIKE] ex-boyfriend. [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] He is a [STRIKE]English[/STRIKE] native English speaker from the USA. We broke up for one month due to [STRIKE]religion[/STRIKE] religious problems, and I asked him which denomination he join in, (the underlined part doesn't make sense). [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] After he messaged me back, he told his friend he doesn't want me to reply to him and he doesn't want to be friends with me, so I asked him [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the question above.

Like Tarheel, I take it to mean that he does not want to be friends with you any more. Presumably, that also means he has no interest in being your boyfriend again either.

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The language is a bit of a mess, but I would assume that the other person was trying to say that he doesn't want to be a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.