Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
What does "extreme" mean in the following?

Gregory Hartley is a decorated former U.S. Army interrogator and the coauthor of seven books on human behavior and extreme interpersonal skills.

Thank you.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I guess it means "extremely good".

Not a teacher.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Matthew, you start a lot of your responses with 'I guess'. This will give many readers the impression that you are guessing, and we don't want guesses as responses at the start of a thread. If you are not guessing, don't use the words 'I guess'. If you are guessing, please don't respond until it is very clear that no teacher/native speaker is going to respond - for example, when there have been no responses for several hours.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
An Army interrogator talking about "extreme interpersonal skills" probably means how to deal with difficult subjects (of interrogation).

Or he could mean how people deal with each other in extreme situations.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Two users (possibly three) have clicked the "Report Post" button on the first post of this thread. There is nothing in that post which warrants this action. I assume that both users clicked "Report" instead of "Reply". Whilst the two words begin with the same three letters, they are clearly different and have completely different uses. Please be careful when clicking. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.