Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
She gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation because he was fainted.

Is this sentence correct?

I read 'fainted' can't be put in passive or used as an adjective.

The sentence should be "She gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation because he had fainted".

It it in the pluperfect tense.

Note: I am not an English teacher.

I read 'fainted' can't be put in passive or used as an adjective.

This issue often comes up in your posts. Can you tell the difference between transitive and intransitive verbs?

This issue often comes up in your posts. Can you tell the difference between transitive and intransitive verbs?

Of course I can.Transitive verbs need an object.Intransitive verbs don't needs an object.'faint' is an intransitive.
Here is the problem(The aunt gave Jesse mouth-to-mouth resuscitation because he was .......
a- dead b- unlucky c- fainted d- injured )
This sentence was taken from an official exam.

There is one more feature that intransitive verbs share: they don't take passive forms. And the transitive do.

There is one more feature that intransitive verbs share: they don't take passive forms. And the transitive do.
Thank you for your interest.

You're welcome.

Of course I can.Transitive verbs need an object.Intransitive verbs don't needs an object.'faint' is an intransitive.
Here is the problem(The aunt gave Jesse mouth-to-mouth resuscitation because he was .......
a- dead b- unlucky c- fainted d- injured )
This sentence was taken from an official exam.

Which of these did they say was the correct answer? Only (d) would possibly be correct, although I could imagine that (b) might be possible!

(c) is clearly incorrect, as DavidA has pointed out.

Which of these did they say was the correct answer? Only (d) would possibly be correct, although I could imagine that (b) might be possible!

(c) is clearly incorrect, as DavidA has pointed out.

Why wouldn't 'a' be correct then? After all, it's about the same perverted sense (or lack of it?!) as the 'd' :lol:.

Besides, resuscitation... isn't it raising from the dead?

Why wouldn't 'a' be correct then? After all, it's about the same perverted sense (or lack of it?!) as the 'd' :lol:.

Besides, resuscitation... isn't it raising from the dead?

Only if this lady has great confidence in her own powers! :roll:

These answers are pathetic.

The answer should be "not breathing"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back