Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

George was looking forward to his new job in an office, but was disappointed when he noticed a couple of bullies who made life difficult for his colleagues. He was a no-nonsense man, and one day he stood up and said in a loud voice, "If someone tries to grind me down, he'll end up in hospital with broken limbs, and if someone wants a boxing match, I can give him it too." The silence hung over the room like a thick shroud. George stared at the bullies, who didn't dare look at him and pretended to work on their computers. He sat down, smiling, knowing that he had won even before the battle started.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have I made any mistakes?

George was looking forward to his new job in an office, but was disappointed when he noticed a couple of bullies who made life difficult for his colleagues. He was a no-nonsense man, and one day he stood up and said in a loud voice, "If someone tries to grind me down, he'll end up in hospital with broken limbs, and if someone wants a boxing match, I can give him that too." The silence hung over the room like a thick shroud. George stared at the bullies, who didn't dare look at him and pretended to work on their computers. He sat down, smiling, knowing that he had won even before the battle started.

Don't mess with George.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.