Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Hi All,

Again, thank you very much for your helping!.
I really appreciate it.

I would like to ask you annoying question which makes me confuse always.
As far as I know to "get" has several meanings, the commons are
Can I get something please and with this meaning I am ok.

The second one is " I will get married" why can't I say " I will marry" why should I add the "Get" it is very confusing me always :\

I remember when I was in the English school the teacher told me that usually, we are adding "Get" when we want to describe kind of process, such as I am getting shower, ) That's what I remember, no sure 100 percentage
Please be a soft or gentle with me I am amateur.

Again, Thank you!.

Hi,

I don't know:\

that's os my issue, I don't know when use it...

Hi,

I don't know. [STRIKE]:\[/STRIKE]

That's [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] my issue. I don't know when to use it.

Note my corrections above. You must start every sentence with a capital letter and end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.

I assume "os" was a typo for "is". However, you can't say "That's is ...". "That's" is a contraction of "That is" so your sentence effectively said "That is is ..." which I am sure you know is incorrect. Say either "That's my issue" or "That is my issue".

In your first post, was the question supposed to be "Can I get you something?"? If so, a common response is "No thanks, I'm OK". In that context, "I'm OK" means "There is nothing I need".

It's not always wrong to say I will marry, though I will get married is more common. What's the context?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back