Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
I am about to send a cover letter and I have a bit heavy feeling when i am reading couple of sentences.

What do you think about this sentence?
"My proven ability to adapt to new environments, teams and equipments will ensure my fast integration with your team and ease for international mobility."

And, when some values are important for you, can you say:
" they(values) hold a preponderant place in my career objectives"

Thanks for your support

Tom

(Not a Teacher)

Here's my take on that sentence:

"My adaptability to new environments, people, and equipment ensures that I will be able to seamlessly integrate with your team while maintaining its international mobility."

For the second sentence...well, this may be a somewhat dramatic, but tell me what you think:

"My values are more than inseparable from my career objectives; they are enshrined within them."

When I hear 'preponderant', the first meanings to come to mind are 'overbearing' or 'overwhelming'. While the word also has the meanings 'prevalent' and 'important', which you were utilizing for your original sentence, I feel the somewhat negative connotations of the word don't fit with the statement you're trying to make about your values.

Last edited:
Hi SlickVik,

Thanks for answering. About the sentence "My values are more than inseparable from my career objectives; they are enshrined within them." I wasn't meaning about my values but company ones. It seems a bit to much then. No?.

About the first sentence. "Ease for international mobility" . I meant my own mobility :)
And are you really ok with "integrate with your team", I couldn't find integrate with in dictionnary.

Otherwise, I kept the rest.

Thanks

Tom

(Not Teacher)

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

For that second sentence, how about this, then:

"They are reflected in my career objectives."
"They are an integral part of my carrer objectives."

As for the first sentence, just eliminate "its" from in front of "international mobility". If you don't feel comfortable about "with", then use "into".

Good,

I made changes and kept everything your solution.
Letter is on the way tonight
Thanks for your help

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back