He's here just to mess around. Just let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I was chatting with some friends on Douyin (an app of the TikTok company) chatroom. We were doing voice communication. Suddenly a man came to our chatroom (everyone can join us) and said bad words. He left before the host was going to ban him. I then said (after the man left):

He's here just to mess around. Just let him go.

Are my sentences naturla?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I was chatting with some friends on in a public Douyin (an app of the TikTok company) chatroom. We were doing voice communication. Suddenly a man came to our entered the chatroom (everyone can join us) and said some bad words. He left before the host was going had time to/was able to ban him. I then said (after the man left):

He's just here just to mess around. Just Let him go.

Are my sentences natural?

See above. You're tending to waffle a bit on your recent posts. There's a lot of unnecessary information.
- We don't need to know that Douyin belongs to TikTok.
- Once you've said "chatting", you don't need to tell us it was "voice communication" (unnatural anyway).
- By adding "public" in the opening sentence, you can dispense with "everyone can join us".
- Using "then" means you don't need "after the man left".

You might want to be clearer about what sort of "bad words" he used. That sentence is one that I might expect from a small child who doesn't know how to use "swear" or "curse/cuss". You could say that he came in and swore. You could say that he came in and shouted insults or slurs.

Your sentences are OK with my changes. I'd say "It's just another troll. Ignore him".

Status
Not open for further replies.