Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I want to visit my friend in Singapore. She's been living there for many years. I want to stay there for month but I don't really know how much budget I need for the trip and stay. Would native speakers ask her something like "How much budget do I need if I want a monthly visit and stay?"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I want to visit my friend in Singapore. She's been living there for many years. I want to stay there for a/one month but I don't really know how much budget money I'll need for the trip flight and a one-month stay.
I don't see the relevance of the underlined sentences.
Note my other changes. "Trip and stay" is tautologous. The one-month trip is your stay in Singapore. If you're not including the travel costs to get there, you could just say "... how much money I'll need for my stay".
Would native speakers ask her something like "How much budget do I need if I want a monthly visit and stay?"
No.
How much money will I need for a one-month visit/stay?
What should my budget be for a one-month visit/stay?
How much money will I need?
Can you give me a rough idea of how much it'll cost me for a month?

Note that "a monthly visit" means "visiting once a month". You mean a "month-long stay".

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
As you can see, "how much budget" doesn't work. However, you can say "how much do/will I need to budget for a month's stay/visit?". In that, the word "money" is implied between "much" and "do".