Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
My teacher asked me about the deadline of term paper submission.But our department did not say anything about deadline. what should i reply her?
Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My teacher asked me about the deadline of for my/our/the term paper submission no full stop here but our department did not say has not said anything about a/the deadline. What should I say in reply? her?

Thank you.
There is no need to thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" icon, found by hovering over the "Like" button.

Note my corrections and comments above.

The most obvious thing to say in reply is "I don't know". However, it really depends on the question. What exactly did your teacher say?

Sukanta151

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh

The most obvious thing to say in reply is "I don't know". However, it really depends on the question. What exactly did your teacher say?
She said, "When's the deadline?"

99bottles

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece

Wait, is What should I reply correct? I thought it should be How should I reply.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My teacher asked me about the deadline of term paper submission.But our department did not say anything about deadline. hat should i reply her?
Thank you.

Wait, is What should I reply correct? I thought it should be How should I reply.
Yes, it should be "How should I reply?".

Also, I don't understand why the teacher is asking a question the student should be asking.

Sukanta151

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
if i say, 'The deadline has not yet been declared/confirmed' or 'The deadline has not yet been notified to us' - Will these be correct?

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Sukanta, please note that I have edited your thread title to capitalize I. Never write the first person pronoun in lower case "i".

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I don't understand why the teacher is asking a question the student should be asking.
Neither do I.

Nor do I understand why the 'department' should be communicating directly with the student, cutting out the teacher.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I say said no comma here 'The deadline has not yet been declared/confirmed' or 'The deadline has not yet been notified to us', will these would I be correct?

Note my corrections above.

"The deadline has not yet been confirmed" is OK. Don't use "declared" there.
"We have not yet been notified of the deadline" uses a better word order than your second suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.