Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I'm trying to memorase a new phrase: thumb through a book.

To memorize it better I'd like to imagine this process.

Am I right that one should open the cover, grasp all the sheets so that your thumb should be positioned on top, bend the pages a bit, move your thumb a bit so that the sheets were released one by one. Am I right?

Well, pardon for this question. But it could really help me memorize this phrase.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Well, that's not the only way to thumb through a book, but if it helps you to remember the word, that's good.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First, they are called pages. Also, rather than imagining it it would probably be better to get a book and look through it quickly. There! Now you have thumbed through the book.

Last edited:

Fernando Morgan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I'm trying to memorase a new phrase: thumb through a book.

To memorize it better I'd like to imagine this process.

Am I right that one should open the cover, grasp all the sheets so that your thumb should be positioned on top, bend the pages a bit, move your thumb a bit so that the sheets were released one by one. Am I right?

Well, pardon for this question. But it could really help me memorize this phrase.

At the university, I am currently writing research in my native language on various social issues of society and social justice. At https://edubirdie.com/examples/social-justice/ I found very useful information on this subject. In order to develop new words, I translate my text into English to better remember the spelling of words.
This is an interesting way to memorize a word. But if it works for you, it's cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.