Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is the italic sentence in my conversation okay? If not, how would you rephrase it?

The following conversation took place in a chat room.

A: Silver, I think your spoken English is quite good. Have you ever studied abroad?
Silver: No. Many years ago I found a forum called UsingEnglish online and there were so many nice native speakers of English and they were professional English teachers. They've helped me with my English for many years. I'm still learning from some of them.
A: Wow, that's amazing. It's quite expensive to learn English in our city in some language schools. I spent 20,000 yuan for a year's course but I didn't learn anything. A friend of mine who studied abroad still can't speak fluent English. You're so lucky.
Silver: Yes, I am. I don't spend a cent learning English but I've won million knowledge from them.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
That does not work at all. How about I've learnt an enormous amount from them?
That’s perfect, much appreciated.

Is the whole sentence good now?

I don't spend a cent learning English but I've learnt an enormous amount from them.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't spend a cent learning English but I've learnt an enormous amount from them.
I find it odd that you chose "cent". You're in China and the forum is based in the UK. Neither country uses cents as currency. I'd go with "I spend nothing learning English but I've learnt an enormous amount from the members of that forum".