I like working out but I haven't been to the gym for six months because of this pende

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I like working out but I haven't been to the gym for six months because of this pendemic however I am planing on starting going to the gym begining this month.

Please check my sentence.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
First, fix the incorrectly spelled words - you wrote "pendemic", "planing" and "begining". Then split it into two sentences, separated by a full stop. Use relevant capitalisation as a result. You will also need to add a comma.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
First, fix the incorrectly spelled words - you wrote "pendemic", "planing" and "begining". Then split it into two sentences, separated by a full stop. Use relevant capitalisation as a result. You will also need to add a comma.

I like working out but I haven't been to the gym for six months because of this pandemic. I am planning on starting going to the gym beginning this month.

Where do I need to use comma?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You haven't used all the words you used in post #1. If you had used the one you missed, you would have needed the comma. Try again.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
You haven't used all the words you used in post #1. If you had used the one you missed, you would have needed the comma. Try again.

I didn't use that to break this phrase into two parts.

I like working out but I haven't been to the gym for six months because of this pandemic. However, I am planning on starting going to the gym beginning this month.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I like working out but I haven't been to the gym for six months because of this pandemic. However, I am planning on[STRIKE] starting[/STRIKE] going to the gym beginning this month.

I think starting is not only redundant, but also wrong. You could say starting to go but beginning covers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.