Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi,

If you intend to mean " I have done everything in my power ", would the following sentence be correct?

I did, what I should have done!

or it has to be " I did, what I must have done."

Thank you

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.

If you intend to mean I want to say something that means "I have done everything in my power", would the following sentence be correct?

"I did no comma here what I should have done!" or it has does it have to be "I did no comma here what I must have done."

Thank you. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank you" emoji (hover over "Like" to find this.

Please note my corrections above. Don't put a space after opening quotation marks or before closing quotation marks. End every sentence, however short, with a closing punctuation mark.

Of your two suggestions, only the first is grammatical. However, it's not really the sentence you need. We would say "I did everything I could".

Ray77

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Please note my corrections above. Don't put a space after opening quotation marks or before closing quotation marks. End every sentence, however short, with a closing punctuation mark.

Of your two suggestions, only the first is grammatical. However, it's not really the sentence you need. We would say "I did everything I could".
I can't thank you enough for your marvelous points.

Status
Not open for further replies.