[Essay] IELTS Essays, can I ask for assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseT23

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi there,

I'm a new member in the forum. I've just registered in order to improve my english (obviously). The thing is that as I read the rules, one of them is not to ask for corrections of assigments or sth like that, so I want to know if posting my essay here to get an assessment would be against de rules.

btw, I'm taking the IELTS test in 2 weeks and I'm not pretty sure of what to expect from it. I've already taken the FCE by the University of Cambridge, getting a grade A as score. Are essays very different between both kind of exams? I mean, I know I'm supossed to write over 250 words (not a problem), but can the style resemble to cambridge?? like using the same structure, using the same connectors...

thanks in advance!

PS: It's not homework, I'm preparing for the IELTS exam on my own and I need some help, I don't know how prepared I am and I would like a qualified IELTS teacher to assess my essay and tell me what score do I get.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am a new member of the forum

And:

improve my English

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

the rules

And:

By the way, I'm taking the IELTS test in two weeks, and I am not sure what to expect.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am not certain what you mean by "assessment" but I suspect you want us to help you with your homework. (I could be wrong.)

JoseT23

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi, thanks for the corrections.

It's not really homework because I don't even have a teacher. I'm preparing the test on my own and I just need a little reassurance that I'm doing it right. If there's some IELTS professor here maybe they could tell me about what brand would I get with my essays, just that.

I need to score 7 in each part of the examn. I usually get between 8 and 8.5 in both listening and reading, but there's no way for me to know what score would I get in the writing section. I would like to go to an academy and ask my teacher, but there's no academies that prepare the IELTS examn in my city, just Cambridge and Trinity academies. :(

Thank you anyway!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You can post things in the Writing section, and any language questions in Ask a Teacher.

PS You may be asked about homework as it's a constant problem with people posting assignments, so maybe mentioning that you are self-studying for IELTS would help. Thanks.

JoseT23

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Ok, thank you very much!!

Well if there's any IELTS teacher here willing to give me a hand, I will post some essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.