Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Costa Rica
Current Location
Costa Rica
Please help me to check if the following three sentences are correctly written.

a) Improve in the following 12 months, the English Language at an intermediate level, in oral and written comprehension, to give fluidity to internal communication when interacting in my working department.

b) Learn how to use KP, the company's new tool, to reach the intermediate level at the end of the year, and improve my performance by looking for collaboration in other company areas.

c) Manage the MS Acces Program after 10 months through online training, to be permanently updated in collecting, storing, analyzing and interpreting data.

Many thanks in advance

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, and welcome. :)
What prompted you to write the above points? Give us the full context please.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
While we're waiting for you to answer teechar's question, please note that I have changed your thread title and moved your request ("Please help me to ...") to the main body of the post. Titles should be unique and should contain some/all of the phrases/sentences you're asking us to look at.

Many thanks in advance.

Also note that there is no need to thank us in advance for anything. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any response you find helpful. Remember to end every sentence with an appropriate closing punctuation mark.

Seb

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Costa Rica
Current Location
Costa Rica
Hello, and welcome. :)
What prompted you to write the above points? Give us the full context please.
Hello. :) I am learning to choose general objectives to write them correctly and use them in subjects of sciences, business, and data analysis. For example, a general objective can help me find the necessary information on the Internet if I want to study epidemiology. Also, to study this science's relationship with commerce, etc.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You're planning to improve the English language?

Seb

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Costa Rica
Current Location
Costa Rica

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please help me to check if the following three sentences are correctly written.
They're actually not sentences, because they do not contain a main verb and subject. You could argue that "I want to" is implied, in which case, yes, they would be sentences. :)
a) Improve, in the following 12 months, the my English skills and reach Language at an intermediate level, in oral and written comprehension, and to give fluidity to internal communication when interacting be able to communicate fluently at work. in my working department.

b) Learn how to use KP, the company's new tool, to reach the intermediate level at [ 1] by the end of the year, and improve my performance by looking for collaboration in collaborating with (staff from) other departments in the company. areas.

c) Manage the Master MS Access Program after 10 months through of online training, to be permanently updated in including collecting, storing, analyzing and interpreting data.
[ 1]: Note that "at" is not wrong. However, "by" is more likely. "At" means exactly at a particular point in time, whereas "by" means at any time right up to a particular point. For example:
Please finish this task by Friday. (You can finish it any time before Friday).
Please finish this task on Friday. (You must finish it on Friday).

Seb

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Costa Rica
Current Location
Costa Rica
They're actually not sentences, because they do not contain a main verb and subject. You could argue that "I want to" is implied, in which case, yes, they would be sentences. :)

[ 1]: Note that "at" is not wrong. However, "by" is more likely. "At" means exactly at a particular point in time, whereas "by" means at any time right up to a particular point. For example:
Please finish this task by Friday. (You can finish it any time before Friday).
Please finish this task on Friday. (You must finish it on Friday).
Thank you very much for your help.

Seb

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Costa Rica
Current Location
Costa Rica
This is the end of my task.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Seb, I appreciate your posts :), but in future, please just click Thank/Like instead of writing a post to show your appreciation. ;)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I suspect it means "That answers my question".

Status
Not open for further replies.