Interview session lasted long and friends took lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"I went for the interview in a company. It was a very long interview session. We had to go through five different sessions. Interview session lasted long and it took them seven hours to complete that session. Interview ended at around 5 PM. On the first day of the company I was waiting for my friends at the main door of the company. I didn't know that their cabs would park in the basement and they would take lift from there to the upper floors."

Please check.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
We had to go through five different sessions. Interview session lasted long and it took them seven hours to complete that session.
What does that mean?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Interview ended at around 5 PM. On the first day of the company I was waiting for my friends at the main door...

Do you mean on the day of the interview? If that is so, it is strange that you wrote about the interview until the end and you went back to the beginning again.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What does that mean?

We had to face five interviewers. We had to go through five different phases of the interview on that day. Those five interview sessions lasted for six hours. It took six hours for the management of the company to finish those sessions.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Do you mean on the day of the interview? If that is so, it is strange that you wrote about the interview until the end and you went back to the beginning again.

No it didn't happen on the same day. The day we had to join the company. I reached the Office premises early so I was waiting for my friends.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"I went for the interview in a company. It was a very long interview session. We had to go through five different sessions. Interview session lasted long and it took them seven hours to complete that session. Interview ended at around 5 PM. On the first day of the company I was waiting for my friends at the main door of the company. I didn't know that their cabs would park in the basement and they would take lift from there to the upper floors."

Please check.

[I went for an interview at/with a company] OR [I interviewed with a company.] It was a very long interview. I had to meet with five different people and it took seven hours to complete it. It finally ended around 5 PM.

On my first day with that company, I was waiting for my friends outside the main door. I didn't know they would use the parking lot below the building and take the elevator directly to their floor.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
[I went for an interview at/with a company] OR [I interviewed with a company.] It was a very long interview. I had to meet with five different people and it took seven hours to complete it. It finally ended around 5 PM.

On my first day with that company, I was waiting for my friends outside the main door. I didn't know they would use the parking lot below the building and take the elevator directly to their floor.

Is it not correct to use "five sessions of the interview"?

My friends went to the parking lot that was below the building because they all were in their cabs and those had to be parked in the basement or the parking lot. What is the way to say this?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Five sessions of the interview" doesn't work here. There were five separate interviews over the course of the day (presumably you had to pass all of them in order to get the job).

Say "My colleagues were dropped off in the basement of the building and took the elevator direct to the floor they would be working on".

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A "cab" is a car that takes you someplace, and then leaves to go pick up someone else.
You "park" your car for a long time.

A cab would not park at an office.

So you friend were either dropped off, as ems says, or they parked their own cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.