IT person has taken access to my system and currently working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1) IT person has taken access to my system and currently working on it.

2) IT person has taken access to my system and installing some applications in it.

Are my sentences correct?

Can we also say "Someone has taken remote access to our system"?

1) IT person has taken over access to my system and is currently working on it.

Since it's present tense, you don't have to say "currently."

2) An IT person has taken over access to my system and is installing some applications in it.

Are my sentences correct?

Can we also say "Someone has taken over access to our system remotely"?
Adding "over" makes it clear that you do not have access now, only the IT person does. (Google take over.)

Adding "over" makes it clear that you do not have access now, only the IT person does. (Google take over.)

If the system has been taken over remotely you do have the access along with the other person. Both the people can control it.

If the system has been taken over remotely you do have the access along with the other person. Both the people can control it.
Oh! Then don't use "taken" or "taken over." Just say the IT person has accessed your computer remotely or has logged onto your computer remotely.

Both the people can control it.

Not really- the IT crew and the user have different levels of control and access normally.

Oh! Then don't use "taken" or "taken over." Just say the IT person has accessed your computer remotely or has logged onto your computer remotely.

1) My system has been taken over access remotely by an IT person.

2) My system has been logged onto remotely by an IT person and he is working on my system at the moment.

1) My system has been taken over [STRIKE]access[/STRIKE] remotely by an IT person.

2) My system has been logged onto remotely by an IT person and he is working on my system at the moment. Messy. See below.

With my correction, #1 still means that you can't access your system while he is working on it. As explained previously, it's the use of "taken over" that means this.
#2 is too wordy and the order is unnatural. Try this:
2) An IT person has logged onto my system remotely and [he] is working on it at the moment/right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back