Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Im going through a study book and have come across
A question i don't understand. Can someone please
Explain it to me and possibly give me a example?

He it is: how do you respond to the notion that Jesus not you, is the david who defeated the giants in your life?
What are the implications of this for the way you live your life?

I also don't know what implications means and webster didn't really help explaining it cause i looked it up and still did not understand the meaning?

Thank you for your answers!

I'm going through a study book and have come across two questions I don't understand. Can someone please explain them to me and possibly give me an example?

Here they are: How do you respond to the notion that Jesus, not you, is the David who defeated the giants in your life? What are the implications of this for the way you live your life?

I also don't know what implications means, and Webster didn't really help explaining it, because I looked it up and still did not understand the meaning.

Thank you for your answers!

The first sentence:

In the Bible (or Old Testament), David kills the giant Goliath. So David is a giant killer.

In the Christian Bible (or New Testament), Jesus is a sort of superhero who helps us overcome adversity. In our lives, we have challenges ("giants") to overcome ("defeat"). The writer is saying that we don't defeat our giants, Jesus does: "Jesus, not you, is the David."

The second sentence:

Webster's definition of "implications" is correct, of course. You might substitute "meanings." Look up the root word "imply." That up might help you.

In the second question, the pronoun "this" refers to the first sentence. It asks you to think about how the first sentence affects "the way you live."

You might consider how this might be answered both by a Christian and by a non-Christian.

A question for you:

You say your native language is American English. But Joshua winners are African. So tell us again: What is your native language?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back