Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello!

I’m sure there are many experienced teachers here. I have a question:

What should be taught in one lesson and how to teach language skills? What should a teacher put focus on? Is it listening/reading and grammar/vocabulary/pronunciation? Is it ok to combine them in one lesson?
I hope you understand.

Thank you

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello!

I’m sure there are many experienced teachers here. I have a five questions:

1. What should be taught in one lesson? and
2. How to can/should/do I teach language skills? (What do you mean by "language skills"?)
3. What should a teacher put focus on?
4. Is it listening/reading and grammar/vocabulary/pronunciation?
5. Is it ok OK/okay to combine them in one lesson?

I hope you understand.

Thank you.
@Lia Welcome to the forum. Please note my corrections above and the improvements to the layout of your post. I'm surprised you need to ask these questions - weren't they covered when you were training to be an English teacher?
Also, some of the answers would change depending on how the school/academy you're working for wants things run. They also depend on the age and level of your students, the size of the class, and the frequency and length of each lesson.
Please let us know what you were taught about all this when you were training, and give us a lot more information about your students and your classes.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would imagine that the poster meant to ask what you should teach if you're only going to teach one lesson.

I would imagine that if somebody told me I was going to teach a class of Russians and that there would only be one lesson that I would focus on basic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.