Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
The article is by a non-native speaker. Would you tell me please if sewage is the right word? Speaking of the system, shouldn't it rather be sewerage, drainage or canalization?

For many russians the immenseness of russia, “one sixth of all the dry land on Earth” was a huge advantage of soviet union. It was a thing of boast and a part of national folklore. How can it be considered an advantage when poverty reigns on these territories? They are populated by people with the lowest possible income who live without sewage.
(non-capitalization is the writer's)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The article is by a non-native speaker. Would you tell me please if sewage is the right word? Speaking When talking of about the system, shouldn't it rather be sewerage, drainage or canalization?

For many Russians, the immenseness of Russia, “one sixth of all the dry land on Earth” was a huge advantage of the Soviet Union. It was a thing of boast source of pride and a part of national folklore. How can it be considered an advantage when poverty reigns on in these territories? They are populated by people with the lowest possible income who live without a sewage system.
See above. I saw your (very tiny) note about the non-capitalisation being the author's but I've corrected them anyway. I don't read Russian so I have no idea if it's a good translation but I've made the English version grammatically correct and natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.