Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The word "staring" definitely doesn't describe the word "love". It makes me think of "stalker"!

Mawes12, this is the second of your threads which has run to 5 pages and seems to consist of multiple versions of the same question and of you asking "Do you understand?" They also contain multiple examples of other users saying "No, I don't understand what you're asking" or similar. Both of your threads were to do more with concepts than with the actual use of English. You seem to have a very particular way of thinking about words but they have little relation to constructing correct, grammatical English sentences.

In your last post, you said "I think there is (sic) a lot of words to describe "love" like "staring or thinking" about something/someone"". I think half the problem here is your use of the word "describe".
Staring and thinking about someone might be symptoms of a person who's in love but they do not describe the noun "love".

mawes12

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yeah, I think I was trying to know if love had an action word because "love" is a verb too but I'm just going to leave it the way it is. Thanks for the replies.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think this thread has pretty much run its course.

mawes12

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If anyone thinks they can put something that might help, do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.