Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi All,

I am working in marketing in telecom. I am responsible for products, promotion, pricing, and place. In banking, marketing is not taking care of the same 4Ps.

I have applied for a job in banking but because I am coming from marketing, they always nominated me for a marketing which is only limited for promotions and advertising, so in such a department I will not use my full capabilities.

How can I express that in English but in precise way.

My suggestion:

My problem of not being considered for a suitable role is that marketing in banking is with low responsibilit than the responsibilities it has in telecom

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi All,

I am working in marketing in telecom. I am responsible for products, promotion, pricing, and place. In banking, marketing is not taking care of the same 4Ps.

I have applied for a job in banking but because I am coming from marketing, they always nominated me for a marketing which is only limited for promotions and advertising, so in such a department I will not use my full capabilities.

How can I express that in English but in precise way.

My suggestion:

My problem of not being considered for a suitable role is that marketing in banking is with low responsibilit than the responsibilities it has in telecom

I do not understand what you are trying to say. Who are you writing to? Have you been accepted or rejected for the job in the bank? Are you trying to change job from working in the Telecom to a bank? Why are you changing when you know that the prospect in the bank is not good and you will not be utilizing your capabilities?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

I have applied for a job in banking, but because I am coming from marketing, they will only consider me for a position in marketing, which is limited to promotions and advertising, so in such a department I will not use my full capabilities.

How can I express that in English but in a precise way?

My idea:

Your problem is that for whatever reason you have decided that you want to work at that bank, but they won't give you the job you want.

(You can't use that sentence.)

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Your problem is that for whatever reason you have decided that you want to work at that bank, but they won't give you the job you want.

(You can't use that sentence.)

The level of responsibility in the bank may be lower than that your current job and the job scope may be narrower, but those are beside the point. They are not obliged to give you the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have a more general question about the whole situation. Presumably you are asking us for help with these emails because you have to write to the company in English. If that's the case, I assume that English is the language used across the whole company. On that basis, do you believe that your English is of a high enough standard to work for them, particularly in the high-responsibility area you seem to be determined to work in. How did your English hold up in those multiple interviews?

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thanks for your comment.

We are using English in only e-mails.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for your comment.

We [strike]are using[/strike] use English only in [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] e-mails.

Do you think it's fair that you are giving the company a completely inaccurate idea of your level of English, by sending them emails that we have written? I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not inclined to assist with any more of those emails. I think the company should know what your English level really is, by seeing emails that you write yourself.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Do you think it's fair that you are giving the company a completely inaccurate idea of your level of English, by sending them emails that we have written? I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not inclined to assist with any more of those emails. I think the company should know what your English level really is, by seeing emails that you write yourself.

I am writing business emails in a good way. I have 13. Years of experience in business but when it comes to sending e-mails to top management, I prefer to be written in the most professional and eloquent way possible and that's why I am getting back to English language's expert.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am writing business emails in a good way.

I could argue with that.

I have 13 years of experience in business, but when it comes to sending emails to top management I need help. That's why I am on this forum.

You do need help with that. That is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.