Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
My family have 3 people, including my dad, my mom and me. My dad is 50 years old, he is a fiber optics technicians or Cable technician (I'm not sure about that, i've just searched on google and it call like that). he really like broth-base dish like pho, bun bo, v.v... he love repairing electrical things like fan, light bulb, washing machine and a lot of things. My mom is 48 years old, she is a preschool teacher. she like sweet things like smoothie, cookie,... She love watching tv series.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My family have 3 There are three people in my family - including my dad, my mom and me.
"My family" is singular so when you do use it, you would follow it with "has". However, my version above is more natural.
My dad is 50 years old no comma here and he is a fiber optics technicians technician (or cable technician; I'm not sure about that, which. I've just searched on Google and it call like that and both job titles are possible).
You should ask your dad what his job title is. It would be easier than trying to construct the sentence above.
He really likes broth-based dishes like pho, bun bo, v.v...
The third person singular form of regular present simple verbs always has an "s" on the end.
I have no idea what "v.v..." means.
He loves repairing electrical things like fans, light bulbs, washing machines and a lot of other things.
See my note above about the third person singular present simple.
Note my corrections to your use of the singular where it should have been plural (nouns).
My mom is 48 years old no comma here and she is a preschool teacher.
We don't connect two halves of a sentence with a comma. Study "comma splices".
She likes sweet things like smoothies and cookies.
See my notes above about third person singular verbs and singular/plural nouns.
She loves watching tv TV series.
Always capitalise "TV".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

In Vietnamese it's comparable to "etc." in English.