Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#54632]My motto is,"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]The reason why I chose this motto is that if I put off today's study and homework until tomorrow, things of tomorrow will keep being delayed. Also, if I keep delaying they can't be finished in the end.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]So I take a rest after finishing today's study and homework every day.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]If today's study and homework is delayed until tomorrow, I reduce tomorrow's rest a little bit and do the delayed study and homework.
======================================
If the underlined sounds a little awkward, especially "reduce", please let me know.[/FONT]

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My motto is, [space] "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today." [space] The reason why I chose this motto is that if I put off today's study and homework until tomorrow, tomorrow's things will keep being delayed. Also, if I keep delaying, they can't be finished in the end. [space] So I take a rest after finishing today's study and homework every day. [space] If today's study and homework is delayed until tomorrow, I will have to rest a little bit less tomorrow to do the delayed study and homework.
======================================
If the underlined sounds a little awkward, especially "reduce", please let me know.

There are many ways to phrase that. For example.

- "I will get less rest tomorrow. . . ."
- "I will have less time for resting tomorrow. . . ."

Because tomorrow is the future, be sure to use a future tense.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Here, today or tomorrow doesn't mean actual ones, but just one day and next day, continuing all the time. and this is a factual conditional for habitual actions. So I made other similar sentences to convey the same meaning. What do you think?

1.If one day's study and homework is delayed until the next day, I rest a little bit less the next day to do the delayed study and homework.
2. If today's study and homework is delayed until tomorrow, I rest a little bit less tomorrow to do the delayed study and homework.
=================================

If today's study and homework is delayed until tomorrow, I
reduce tomorrow's rest a little bit and do the delayed study and homework.
=>If today's study and homework is delayed until tomorrow, I will have to rest a little bit less tomorrow to do the delayed study and homework.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Here, today or tomorrow doesn't mean actual, but just one day and next day, continuing all the time. and this is a factual conditional for habitual actions. So I made other similar sentences to convey the same meaning. What do you think?
1.If one day's study and homework are delayed until the next day, I will have to rest a little bit less the next day to do the delayed study and homework.
2. If today's study and homework are delayed until tomorrow, I will have to rest a little bit less tomorrow to do the delayed study and homework.

I like "I will have to rest" because of the context of the rest of the paragraph, where you explain why you don't put things off until tomorrow. "I will need to rest" means the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.