[Cover Letter] Need help with my application!

Status
Not open for further replies.

molis5

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi all,
I'm applying for a MSc program in Europe. I really need some feedback on my first draft since i'm not native. thank you!

To whom it may concern:

I wish to express my interest in applying for the xxx Master in Erasmus Mundus programme.

I am currently pursuing my bachelor's degree in xxx Engineering at xxxx with an anticipated graduation date of July 2015.
My goal is to become a professional in the field of energy and management. I have been always intrigued by threats of dangerous energy consumption. So, I would like to continue my studies in order to gain knowledge and experiences. I am sure that this Master's degree would offer me the possibility of receiving the complete picture of all aspects of this field. At the faculty, I gave importance to the environmental and energy related courses, efficiency, optimization and design. I strongly believe that we have to decrease the unstoppable pollution of fossil fuels usage, and struggle to develop more sustainable technologies for energy production.
On the other hand, I took some courses relating environmental and energy engineering to get a wider knowledge of this field. For instance, I attended a solar energy course focus on organic solar cells; the present and the future challenges. In addition, I gained research experience working with PhD. students at xxx University (MI, USA) for 5 months and in the xxx Department of my university.

Concerning my personality, I am a pretty active person who loves learning new things and is always looking for new educational challenges. During my experience studying abroad in the United States I met people around the world and I become more open-minded and a richer person, realizing that I want to study a master abroad in order to grow professionally and personally.

Furthermore, I believe this programme will not only strengthen my skills and give me expert knowledge but also a wider recognition of the energy and management industry. Moreover, by joining an international community and mobility between countries, I will gain intercultural competence and better understanding of the world as a whole.

Due to my strong academic background and desire to study, I am confident that I am able to perform well in this program and also believe that I can make significant contribution to it.

Thank you very much for considering my application. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours sincerely,

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I suggest that you find out who the relevant person is and then direct your letter to that person. Also, we have several letters already on the same thing. You might find them to be helpful.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.