Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Kindly check my statement.
I am currently working on two manuscripts about nomophobia and parent-teacher monitoring of children's online activities while teaching at a university. I wish to continue my research to answer questions such as how digital natives may change our perspectives of digital safety and data privacy? or what if their future lives are entirely digital? I'm also curious about how parents shape their children's digital identities through Sharenting. Another subject that I am very interested in is about oversharing about celebrities' life styles or luxury lifestyles that many people will never experience, which may create an illusional image of real-life or cause youth to fantasize lives. To summarize, I am interested in continuing my research into the current and future challenges of digital citizenship among young people, aiming to contribute the community in educating digital citizens and developing skills to prevent online risks and crimes.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Why don't you post your letter/statement in one complete (cohesive) thread instead of separating it across multiple threads as you have?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There's a chance that Shania117 has seen one of the many posts from moderators and senior members asking users not to post long texts because it puts people off reading them. I've certainly requested that people post no more than five or six sentences at a time, or the equivalent of one average paragraph.

shania117

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Dear moderator,
I've posted two paragraphs separately; the other one is just to make sure if the statements express my ideas clearly. I apologize if I over-posted.

"I would be honored to join the research center, which is dedicate to address challenges of child digital development. A community like yours, with a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness, is one of the most ambitious places to devote my responsibilities contributing the global perspectives on children’s internet safety, to make the world a better place for them. My desire to be a member of the community stems from the fact that the research project for which I am applying is clearly relevant to my primary research interests, and I would like to be a part of a research group that contributes to community knowledge of child digital life development and safety."
Kindly check my statement.

I am currently working on two manuscripts about nomophobia and parent-teacher monitoring of children's online activities while teaching at a university. I wish to continue my research to answer questions such as how digital natives may change our perspectives of digital safety and data privacy? or what if their future lives are entirely digital? I'm also curious about how parents shape their children's digital identities through Sharenting. Another subject that I am very interested in is about oversharing about celebrities' life styles or luxury lifestyles that many people will never experience, which may create an illusion image of real-life or cause youth to fantasize lives. To summarize, I am interested in continuing my research into the current and future challenges of digital citizenship among young people, aiming to contribute the community in educating digital citizens and developing skills to prevent online risks and crimes.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear moderator,
I've posted two paragraphs separately, the [STRIKE]other[/STRIKE] second one is just to make sure [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] the statements express my ideas clearly. I apologize if I over-posted.

"I would be honored to join the/your research center, which is dedicate to addressing challenges of child digital development. A community like yours, with a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness, is one of the most [STRIKE]ambitious[/STRIKE] suitable places for me to [STRIKE]devote my responsibilities contributing the global perspectives on[/STRIKE] contribute to children’s internet safety, to make the world a better place for them. My desire to be a member of the community stems from the fact that the research project for which I am applying is clearly relevant to my primary research interests, and I would like to be a part of a research group that contributes/adds to community knowledge of child digital life development and safety."
[STRIKE]Kindly check my statement.[/STRIKE]

I am currently working on two manuscripts about nomophobia and parent-teacher monitoring of children's online activities while teaching at a university. I wish to continue my research to answer questions such as how digital natives may change our perspectives of digital safety and data privacy, or what if their future lives are entirely digital. I'm also curious about how parents shape their children's digital identities through sharenting. Another subject that I am very interested in is [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] the oversharing [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] of celebrities' lifestyles or luxury lifestyles that many people will never experience, which may create an illusionory image of real-life or cause youth to fantasize their lives. To summarize, I am interested in continuing my research into the current and future challenges of digital citizenship among young people, aiming to contribute to the community in educating digital citizens and developing skills to prevent online risks and crimes.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Can lives be entirely digital? Predominantly, maybe.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Is "digital life" an accepted term in everyday language or a technical term?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.