Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
El Salvador
Current Location
El Salvador
Hi.

Could you tell me what other verbs take the same pattern of the verb "explain" in the example: Explain to me.

Verb + preposition + indirect object

Thanks for your help.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
There are quite a few, but they may not take that pattern in every sentence. "Explain" doesn't either.

Talk, speak, go, run, travel. There are various others.

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
El Salvador
Current Location
El Salvador
Thanks, so I need to say: She speaks to le? She talked to me?, They go to the shopimg? Etc, right?

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
El Salvador
Current Location
El Salvador
How or where can I find the list of those verbs with the same pattern? Because I have tried to find that pattern but google does not show, may be because I have not written the correct phrase to find it,

I have tried it as reporing verbs, transitive, intransitive, suasive, factual verbs, but I have not results,

Thanks for your help to clarify that question.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
There's no list. As I already told you those verbs don't always work in that pattern. You learn them by learning the language. There's no shortcut available here.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks! Do I need to say "She speaks to me?" "She talked to me?" "They go shopping?"
Those are certainly possible. How you phrase something depends, of course, on what you want to say.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How or where can I find the a list of those verbs with the same pattern? Because I have tried to find that pattern but Google does not show me anything, maybe because I have not written I'm not searching for the correct phrase. to find it,

I have tried it as using the search terms "reporting verbs", "transitive", "intransitive", "suasive" and "factual verbs", but I have not got any results.

Thanks for your help to clarify that in answering my question. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any useful post.

Status
Not open for further replies.