Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
As lazybones' rice, the name self-explains, this is a recipe that would NOT even deter lazylones from cooking for themselves because it is really easy; and smell and taste good.

Two chicken drums are seasoned with cooking wine, two types of Chinese peppers, soy sauce and oyster sauce for around ten minutes. Then I fry them, carrot dies and onion dies together for about five minutes. Finally I pour all of them, rice and enough water into a rice cooker.

About thirty minutes later, the mixing fragrance drifts its way from the kitchen to the sitting room and reaches my study as if it knew where I were, saying 'I'm ready for ya now!'

Wow, yummy! I wolf it down. Plate licking good!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
My shot on the first part:

As the name suggests, Lazybones' Rice is a recipe that would not deter even lazybones from cooking for themselves because it is really easy and the dish smells and tastes good too.

Marinate two chicken drumsticks with cooking wine, two type of Chinese peppers, soy sauce and oyster sauce for around ten minutes. Then fry them with carrot and onion dices for about five minutes. Finally, pour the meat and vegetables into a rice cooker with rice and water and cook for 30 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In other piece of my writing about homemade spring rolls, I originally had capitalized the dish name --'Spring Rolls'. Both you and teechar decapitalized that as 'spring rolls'. I thought it was wrong to capitalize dish names.

Why have you capitalized "Lazybones' Rice" here? Would you please clarify when I should capitalize dish names?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"spring rolls" is a generic term. "Lazybones Rice" is clearly an individual dish name, referring to this one dish/one recipe.

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
"spring rolls" is a generic term. "Lazybones Rice" is clearly an individual dish name, referring to this one dish/one recipe.

There are different versions of 'lazybones rice' on a Chinese video-sharing website where I learnt how to cook it. The ingredients from vegetables, meats to seasonings are varied according to individuasl' taste and regions.

It originates in the South of China according to Baidu Baike, a Wikipedia-like Chinese website. (Tedmc is Chinese literate. Probably he'd like to read it.) I just searched and learnt this info.

So, I think it is a generic term, isn't it?

Thank you for clarifying when I should capitalize the words about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.