India
Current Location
India
1) I am prone to pain.

2) I am prone to diseases.

3) I am pain resistant.

4) I am disease resistant.

Please check my sentences.

Well, everybody is capable of feeling pain. As for the second one, more natural would be (for example):

I am prone to catching colds, especially in the winter.

The last two are OK.

1) I am prone to feeling pain.

2) I am prone to [STRIKE]diseases[/STRIKE] illness.

3) I am pain-resistant.

4) I am disease-resistant.

Please check my sentences.

See my changes above.

With the hyphen, sentence #4 is grammatically correct but I don't like it. We refer to things like trees being "disease-resistant". I assume you mean something like "I have a very good immune system".

See my changes above.

With the hyphen, sentence #4 is grammatically correct but I don't like it. We refer to things like trees being "disease-resistant". I assume you mean something like "I have a very good immune system".

But we can say "I am pain-resistant". Am I correct?

It's grammatically correct but unnatural. Say "I have a high pain threshold."

No- people feel pain. People who have chronic pain can cope with pain that people unused to is would struggle to cope with, but the people with the chronic pain are not resistant, just used to it. I have had severe back pain for decades. I am not resistant, just better at dealing with it and used to it.

No- people feel pain. People who have chronic pain can cope with pain that people unused to is would struggle to cope with, but the people with the chronic pain are not resistant, just used to it. I have had severe back pain for decades. I am not resistant, just better at dealing with it and used to it.

I know the feeling of "It hurts when I move" back pain. Thankfully, it has happened to me only occasionally. (It's a bad start to the day when you wake up with back pain and getting out of bed is painful.)

You have to feel sorry for anybody who had to work 29 hours a day.
;-)

I was born in Yorkshire. Eee we had it tough.

I was born in Yorkshire. Eee we had it tough.

Ee by gum, lad; tha did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back