Propagating Coral, General Paragraphs And Help With Coherence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBlueThumb

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
My opinion on the word "propagate" is to pretty much divide an organism into multiple parts. Example of one type of propagation is to slice a whole coral into pieces, then waiting for the pieces to grow and become separate multiple whole's again over time.
So say for example you have a (hypothetical) $10 bill that equals a whole coral and you divide it into 10 pieces, it will then become 10 separate, $10 bills. All pieces of coral added together equal a $100 bill or 10 x $10 bills, or 10 whole corals. I look at these organisms as money trees, so to speak, that grow over time in which need pruning every once and a while.
These organisms range in size equivalent to the tip of your finger or smaller, to the size of a dinner plate. Their price range from $5 to $100 each. Some of the small organisms can be worth $100 each.
Inside an aquarium such as a 50 gallon tank, you can house a lot of corals. Can you imagine a green house with 5000 gallons? Lets just say its been done in Michigan and other places in the States and the owner in Michigan has gold on each arm from wrist to elbow. He has the deep pockets, I have the 12 year education and experience to achieve and put together a much bigger dream he can only imagine.

What a coral propagator or aqua culturalist does, is to buy corals, grow them out, then propagate them. From there, they will post ads with the corals pics, price, how to care for (husbandry) and their description on kigigi or salt water forums, were people with salt water tanks, would then email me to stop by my house to buy them. If they do not stop by, I would either meet up with them/group of them or ship the coral through the mail. What I really want to do, is to expand in the future, hopefully within 5 years. This expansion would be a coral aqua culture facility (green house). I also have more plans to culture live food such as copepods/phytoplankton, along with breeding hybridized fish and setting up an educational research facility for the research into their pharma-logical, bone grafting, grafting and hybridization etc, properties etc. Sponges too, will be propagated and researched.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My opinion on the word "propagate" is to pretty much divide an organism into multiple parts. Example of one type of propagation is to slice a whole coral into pieces, then wait for the pieces to grow and become separate multiple wholes again over time.

We don't ever pluralize a word by using an apostrophe. Only numerals and letters get that treatment.
:cool:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
So say for example you have a (hypothetical) $10 bill that equals a whole coral and you divide it into 10 pieces, It will then become 10 separate $10 bills. All pieces of coral added together equal a $100 bill or 10 x $10 bills, or 10 whole corals. I look at these organisms as money trees, so to speak, that grow over time and need pruning every once in a while.

These organisms range in size equivalent to the tip of your finger or smaller, to the size of a dinner plate. Their price ranges from $5 to $100 [STRIKE]each[/STRIKE]. Some of the small organisms can be worth $100 [STRIKE]each[/STRIKE].

Inside an aquarium such as a 50 gallon tank, you can house a lot of corals. Can you imagine a
greenhouse with 5000 gallons? Let's just say it's been done in Michigan and other places in the States and the owner in Michigan has gold on each arm from wrist to elbow. He has the deep pockets, I have the 12 year education and experience to achieve and put together a much bigger dream he can only imagine.

5000 gallons of what?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

What a coral propagator or aqua culturalist does, is to buy corals, grow them out, then propagate them. From there, they will post ads with the
coral's pics, price, how to care for (husbandry) it and their description on kigigi or salt water forums, where people with salt water tanks, (Delete this comma.) would then email me to stop by my house to buy them. If they do not stop by, I would either meet up with [STRIKE]them/group of[/STRIKE] them or ship the coral through the mail. What I really want to do,(Delete this comma.) is to expand in the future, hopefully within 5 years. This expansion would be a coral aqua culture facility (greenhouse). I also have more plans to culture live food such as copepods/phytoplankton, along with breeding hybridized fish and setting up an educational research facility for the research into their pharma-logical, bone grafting, grafting and hybridization etc, properties etc. Sponges too, will be propagated and researched.

What do you mean by "grow them out"? Couldn't you simply say "grow them"?

DrBlueThumb

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Thanks for your help, I will review this tomorrow and then correct things and see if there is any more mistakes by posting it here. appreciated.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
My opinion on the word "propagate" is that it [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] pretty much means to divide an organism into multiple parts. An example of one type of propagation is to slice a whole coral into pieces, then wait [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] for the pieces to grow and become separate multiple wholes again over time.

So say, for example, you have a (hypothetical) $10 bill that equals a whole coral, and you divide it into 10 pieces. It will then become 10 separate $10 bills. All the pieces of coral added together equal a $100 bill or 10 x $10 bills, or 10 whole corals. I look at these organisms as money trees, so to speak, that grow over time, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] and which need pruning every once [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] in a while.
These organisms range in size from something equivalent to the tip of your finger or smaller, to the size of a dinner plate. Their price ranges from $5 to $100 each. Some of the small organisms can be worth $100 each.

Inside an aquarium such as a 50-gallon tank, you can house a lot of corals. Can you imagine a greenhouse [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] 5000 gallons in volume? Lets just say it's been done in Michigan and other places in the States and the owner in Michigan has gold on each arm from wrist to elbow. He has the deep pockets, but I have the 12-year education and experience to achieve and put together a much bigger dream he can only imagine.

What a coral propagator or aquaculturist [STRIKE]culturalist[/STRIKE] does is to buy corals, grow them, [STRIKE]out,[/STRIKE] then propagate them. From there, they will post ads with the corals' pics, price, how to care for them (husbandry) and their description on Kigigi or on saltwater forums, where people with saltwater tanks, would then contact the aquaculturist to arrange the sale. [STRIKE]email me to stop by my house to buy them. If they do not stop by, I would either meet up with them/group of them or ship the coral through the mail.[/STRIKE] What I really want to do is to expand the business in the future, hopefully within 5 years, [STRIKE]. This expansion would be[/STRIKE] to a coral aquaculture facility (greenhouse). I also have more plans to culture live food such as copepods/phytoplankton, along with breeding hybridized fish and setting up an educational research facility for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] research into their potential pharmacological uses, bone grafting, grafting, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] hybridization [STRIKE]etc[/STRIKE], properties etc. Sponges too, will be propagated and researched.
Is it Kigigi or Kijiji? :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks for your help. I will review this tomorrow and then correct things and see if there are any more mistakes by posting it here. Appreciated!

Saying that a price range for something is from $5 to $100 makes sense. However, saying that the price is from $5 to $100 each is something else altogether.

:)

DrBlueThumb

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
My opinion on the word "propagate" is that it pretty much means to divide an organism into multiple parts. An example of one type of propagation is to slice a whole coral into pieces, then wait for the pieces to grow and become separate multiple wholes again over time.

So say, for example, you have a (hypothetical) $10 bill that equals a whole coral, and you divide it into 10 pieces. It will then become 10 separate $10 bills. All the pieces of coral added together equal a $100 bill or 10 x $10 bills, or 10 whole corals. I look at these organisms as money trees, so to speak, that grow over time, and which need pruning every once in a while.
These organisms range in size from something equivalent to the tip of your finger or smaller, to the size of a dinner plate. Their price ranges from $5 to over $100 each.

Inside an aquarium such as a 50-gallon tank, you can house a lot of corals. Can you imagine a greenhouse with 5000 gallons in volume? Lets just say it's been done in the states and the owner of the greenhouse has gold on each arm from wrist to elbow. He has the deep pockets, but I have 12-year education and experience to achieve and put together a much bigger dream he can only imagine.

What a coral propagator or aquaculturist does is to buy corals, grow them, then propagate them. From there, they will post ads with the corals pics, price, how to care for them (husbandry) and their description on Kijiji or on saltwater forums, where people with saltwater tanks, would then contact the aquaculturist to arrange the sale. What I really want to do is to expand the business in the future, hopefully within 5 years, to a coral/sponge propagation and research aquaculture facility, (building/greenhouse). I also have more plans to culture live food such as copepods/phytoplankton, along with breeding hybridized fish and setting up an educational research facility for research into their potential pharmacological properties. Sponges too, will be propagated and researched.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are gallons of water, gallons of milk, and gallons of gasoline. See?

Also, say:

I also plan to cultivate food species such as copepods and phytoplankton....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.