Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Which of the following sentences is better?

1. My favorite interest is watching American crime mystery films, which teach me how to logically reason.
2. I am interested in watching American criminal and mysterious films, which teach me how to reason logically.

Which of the following sentences is better?

1. My favorite interest is watching American crime and mystery films, which teach me how to reason logically.
2. I am interested in watching American criminal and mysterious films, which teach me how to reason logically.
I prefer #1, with those amendments. I don't think you mean "criminal films" or "mysterious films".
Do you really learn logical reasoning from crime films?

Do you really learn logical reasoning from crime films?

I don't.

The logical perp is always innocent and the murderer turns out to be the least likely suspect.

Rover

And in Columbo, the murderer is the person that you saw committing the murder in the very first scene. ;-)

And in Columbo, the murderer is the person that you saw committing the murder in the very first scene. ;-)

Right.

I like a good whodunnit but I've never understood the popularity of that programme.

Oh - just one more question before I walk out of the door - do you think one day he'll get it wrong and arrest an innocent person?

Thought not.

Rover

Last edited:
Despite the complete lack of suspense, I loved it, but I think that was just because I really liked the shambolic character and the ridiculous nature of it all.

That aside, I think with some crime series, you can pick up a few pointers for logical deduction but you really have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back