Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please help me to correct the letter.
Sir,
In 2018 I got conceived for the first time after taking a fertility treatment for 4 years.During that period, doctor advised me to be very careful and not to strain more physically to avoid miscarriage. Because of the post-pregnancy signs I was very weak and couldnt concentrate more on my work. In this situation as a senior staff of the branch i was supposed to take key and act as a cash-in-charge of the branch.So i took charge and handled the keys for a week.Whereas my health was not supported me to continue my work as in regular case and couldn't discharge my duties as a cash- in- charge.So I requested my branch manager for swapping keys with one of my colleagues on compassionate grounds and handled the keys during his absence for the smooth functioning of the branch

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help me to correct the letter.

Dear Sir,

In 2018, I [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] conceived for the first time after [STRIKE]taking a[/STRIKE] having fertility treatment for [strike]4[/strike] four years. space here [STRIKE]During that period,[/STRIKE] My doctor advised me to be very careful and not to strain [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] myself physically to avoid miscarriage.

Because of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] post-[STRIKE]pregnancy[/STRIKE] natal [STRIKE]signs[/STRIKE] problems/issues, I was very weak and couldn't concentrate [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] on my work.

In [STRIKE]this situation[/STRIKE] my position/role as a senior staff [STRIKE]of the branch[/STRIKE] member, I was supposed to take the keys and act as a cash-in-charge of the branch. space here [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I took charge and handled the keys for a week. space here [STRIKE]Whereas[/STRIKE] Unfortunately, my health [STRIKE]was not supported[/STRIKE] did not allow me to continue my regular work [STRIKE]as in regular case[/STRIKE] and I couldn't discharge my duties as a cash-in-charge. space here [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE]

Consequently, I [STRIKE]requested[/STRIKE] asked my branch manager [STRIKE]for swapping[/STRIKE] if I could swap keys with one of my colleagues on compassionate grounds, and I handled the keys during his absence [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to ensure the smooth functioning of the branch.

Please note my corrections above. I have underlined "cash-in-charge" because I don't know what it means. It's not a recognised job title in English. Also, I don't understand the logic. If you were unable to manage your key-handling work, why did you volunteer to take on additional key-handling work by covering for your colleague?

You must remember to put a space after every full stop.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Head cashier?

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you sir/madam. Actually I should not decline/ refuse to handle the keys otherwise I will be punished for not doing my job role. So my colleague has helped me by taking key charge as his permanent role. Officially I have not given any letter for this. My branch manager,me,and my colleague were done this in mutual understanding. So I shouldn't make inconvenience to my colleague when he planned for a leave. So during that time I handled the job temporarily. Now auditor is asking letter. So I am conveying the auditor that I haven't given up my duty, just on adjustment we exchanged the keys

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you. [STRIKE]sir/madam.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary on this forum.

Actually, I [STRIKE]should not[/STRIKE] cannot decline/refuse to handle the keys [STRIKE]otherwise[/STRIKE] or I will be punished for not doing my job. [STRIKE]role.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] My colleague [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] helped me by taking charge of the key [STRIKE]charge[/STRIKE] permanently. [STRIKE]as his permanent role.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Officially I have not given any letter for this.[/STRIKE] This is not an official arrangement. My branch manager, space after a comma [STRIKE]me, and[/STRIKE] my colleague and I [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] have done this [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] by mutual [STRIKE]understanding[/STRIKE] agreement.

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]I shouldn't make inconvenience to[/STRIKE] It won't be inconvenient for my colleague when he [STRIKE]planned for a[/STRIKE] goes on leave because I will look after the key when he is away.

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] During [STRIKE]that time[/STRIKE] his leave, I [STRIKE]handled[/STRIKE] will handle the job temporarily. Now the/an auditor is asking for a letter about the arrangement. [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]am conveying the[/STRIKE] want to explain to the auditor that I haven't given up my [STRIKE]duty[/STRIKE] duties; there has just [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] been a slight adjustment [STRIKE]we exchanged[/STRIKE] regarding the [STRIKE]keys[/STRIKE] key.

Note my corrections above. Can you clarify whether the task involves one key or several keys? You have chopped and changed between "key" and "keys" in your posts.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I can't help hoping it's keys for added security.

poongodi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It meant for several keys.

Will you give me some idea to avoid this mistakes in my sentences?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]It[/STRIKE] I meant [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] several keys.

Will you give me some idea of how to avoid this [STRIKE]mistakes[/STRIKE] mistake in my sentences?

My advice is very simple. If you mean "keys", say "keys". It's a simple case of choosing the singular or the plural as appropriate. The exception to this would be when you're using it as part of a longer word. For example, you would use "keyholder" even if the job involves being in charge of more than one key.

I'm not sure if you have a problem with singular/plural. As you can see above "this mistakes" was wrong. You can use "this" with a singular noun. If you use a plural noun, use "these". I changed it to "this mistake" above because you seem to be referring specifically to the mistake you had been making by mixing "key" and "keys".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please review posts 2, 6 and 9.Concentrate on what you need to improve. Practice doing it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.