Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
(Afan) Oromo
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
I have composed a brief report to help improve my writing skills. I wonder if you can read the report, and advise if it makes sense.

I never thought it would be so difficult. It is a really hard job, and the people were shouting my name. The manager is on holiday and the boy who was acting as manager went home because his daughter is not feeling. He said I should call him if there are any problems. I hope things will go as planned. It's been a really tough day for us.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I have composed a brief report to help improve my writing skills. I wonder if you can read the report, and advise if it makes sense.

I never thought it would be so difficult. It [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] turned out to be a really hard job, and the people were shouting my name. The manager is on holiday, and the boy who was acting as manager went home because his daughter [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was not feeling. He said I should call him if there are any problems. I hope things will go as planned. It's been a really tough day for us.

The underlined sentence is about the future, but the rest of the text is about the past; why the discrepancy?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is the person who is acting as manager really a "boy"? That seems unlikely if he has a daughter. I think you should probably refer to him as a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.