Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi everyone, are there any mistakes or repetitions in this piece of writing? I'm grateful for any contribution.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************

Rui’s biggest dream, creating a synthetic biological body for himself, was a long way off, even considering the exceptional speed at which he could calculate different models of possibility. The smaller, but no less amazing dream, was to create medical nanobots that could heal. That dream became a reality much more quickly, in a nightmare of reality. Two years after Rui’s awakening, Gan became sick, at first, Gan’s symptoms were mild, but when he took a turn for the worse, more elaborate tests were performed, and a tumour was found deep in his brain. Shan Gu De Ren medicine held no answers, and Rui’s progress had not yet reached a point where he could cure such medical problems. Never the less, Yang and Yan begged him to try. So, Rui worked on nothing but Gan’s problem for days, the tumour continued its rapid growth, and then finally, Rui had a solution. Whether or not the solution would work was unknown, it was possible that the nanobot design would fail, or even kill Gan. Yang made his decision. “Do it Rui, Gan has no chance unless you do it, so do it, do it now”.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I'd rework this.
Thank you, Tdol. What about this: That dream became a reality much more quickly, but a totally nightmare.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you, Tdol. What about this: That dream became a reality much more quickly, but a [STRIKE]totally[/STRIKE] total nightmare.

Note my correction above.

However, I don't find the sentence natural or logical. How about this?

That dream became not just a reality but a total nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.