Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi everyone, are there any mistakes or repetitions in this piece of writing? I'm grateful for any contribution.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************

Yang read Rui’s printouts of what he was studying, the things he had discovered and was amazed. “This thing you call DNA, it is like a computer code for every life form”? Rui said. “Yes, with it, one could create a new species or improve an existing one. Also, I can use it to design the nanobots and make some self-replicating. The possibilities are almost endless, but before I can even think about constructing anything, I will need to design new tools”. Yang thought about what he had read and what Rui had said. “What do you think will be your first creation”? Rui replied. “Something simple, this DNA is so powerful that I dare not jump ahead of myself”. Yang smiled and raised an eyebrow. “…and what of your mysterious magical thingy”? “Well”. Replied Rui. “That should not be too much of a problem if I stay within the guidelines nature has already set out, but I will have to gain some understanding of it if I am to be successful. It does play a part in living things”.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
DNA is indeed a big deal, but I wouldn't give Rui the credit for discovering it.

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
DNA is indeed a big deal, but I wouldn't give Rui the credit for discovering it.
Yeah, maybe you are right. After all, it is just a science fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.