She loved the canals of Venice, this charming city she'd come to live in as a result of her quest to become a better painter

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I want to say a person is in a place because of their pursuit of something. I want to make this sentence work:

She loved the canals of Venice, this charming city she'd come to live in as a result of her quest to become a better painter.

I don't want to reword it so what can I use instead of the underlined part to make it more natural?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What do you want us to do if you don't want to reword it? We can't give you ideas on something to use instead of the underlined part without rewording the sentence!

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
What do you want us to do if you don't want to reword it? We can't give you ideas on something to use instead of the underlined part without rewording the sentence!
I used the wrong word (reword). I want to keep the structure of the sentence but I want to change some words to make it more natural.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
... this charming city she now called home, having moved there in a bid to become a better artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.