Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Is the sentence ‘she was crossing the street before she saw the green light. grammatically correct? Plz explain the meaning of these sentence thank you

And can you tell me the difference between she was crossing the street before she saw the green light and she crossed the street before she saw the green light. Thank you so much

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Can you tell us where this sentence comes from?

Elaineliu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
It is just a grammar question from my text book

She _________ the street before she saw the green light.
(A) was crossing (b) crossed

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is the sentence ‘She was crossing the street before she saw the green light" [no full stop here] grammatically correct? Plz Please explain the meaning of these this sentence. Thank you.

And Also, can you tell me the difference between "She was crossing the street before she saw the green light" and "She crossed the street before she saw the green light"? Thank you so much.
Please look carefully at my corrections above.
It is just a grammar question from my text book.
That's not sufficient. When we ask for the source we require the title of the book and the name(s) of the author(s).

Please note that I have changed your thread title. Titles such as your original "Grammar question" are useless. Titles must be unique and relevant to the thread. Use some/all of the words/sentences you are asking us about.