Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
For me, poetry is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

Like the bright blossoms that make the hills shine bright with color, but then Scatter and are gone, so it is with you.

20210103.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
For me, poetry is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

Like the bright blossoms that make the hills shine bright with color[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] but then scatter and are gone, so it is with you.
Don't use commas in series of two. Use them in series of three or more.

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Don't use commas in series of two. Use them in series of three or more.

So the new version now:

Like the bright blossoms that make the hills shine bright with color but then scatter and are gone, so it is with you.

Is there any room to improve, or do you have something to share?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is there any room to improve, or do you have something to share?

I'm not sure why I've neglected to mention this before, but this frequent question of yours at the end of your posts is unnatural.

1. The standard wording is "room for improvement".
2. The second half would be better worded as "and/or do you have any other suggestions?"

My instinctive response to you "Do you have something to share?" is "Well, I've got a box of delicious truffles I could pass round, I suppose"!

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
So the new version now:

Like the bright blossoms that make the hills shine bright with color but then scatter and are gone, so it is with you.

Is there any room for improvement, or do you have any other suggestions?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I might delete the first "bright" or replace it with something. Perhaps:

Like the golden blossoms that make the hills shine bright with color but then scatter and are gone, so it is with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.