Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hello everybody,

I should start working on 1st of June and I need to arrange my travel. The company offered me the position and gave me a starting date but they told me that I will be able to start the job only after having received a confirmation from their partner (it is a collaboration between two industries). I am confused because I have a start date but I haven't the confirmation.

I would like to ask you if the following sentence is grammatically correct:

"Dear...

Even though I have not yet received a confirmation from your partner, Should I start to arrange my travel to Madrid?"

Thank you for your help!

The word "should" should not be capitalized.

Thanks SoothingDave.

Is the sentence fine and formal? I would also say: "Even though I have not yet received a confirmation from your partner, can I start to arrange my travel to Madrid scheduled for the 1st of June?"

I would remove "a" before "confirmation". Other than that, I find your suggested sentence in post #3 better than that in post #1. However, if the start date for the job is 1st June, you will need to arrange your travel for before that date.

Thanks emsr2d2! All clear :)
"I was wondering if I can start to arrange my travel to Madrid for the 31st of May even though I haven't yet received confirmation by your partner." Does this version sound better?
Thank you again for your support!

How about I have not yet received confirmation from your partner?

Thank you Tdol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back