Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello

I asked a similar question before but need to reask. The possible pronunciations of 65. 88 are

1. "Sixty-five pounds and eighty-eight pence." ("And" is optional)

2. "Sixty-five pounds eighty-eight."

3."Sixty-five pounds eighty-eight pence."

Hello.

I asked a similar question before but need to reask. The possible pronunciations of £65.88 are

1. "Sixty-five pounds and eighty-eight pence." [strike]("And" is optional)[/strike]
2. "Sixty-five pounds eighty-eight."
3. "Sixty-five pounds eighty-eight pence."

They're all possible, as is "sixty-five eighty-eight" if context has already made it clear the speaker is giving a price.

Note my corrections above. You need to put the "£" sign in front of the figure. Don't put a space after the decimal point. I have crossed out "and is optional" in sentence 1 because you gave the version without "and" as sentence 3.

They're all possible, as is "sixty-five eighty-eight" if context has already made it clear the speaker is giving a price.

Note my corrections above. You need to put the "£" sign in front of the figure. Don't put a space after the decimal point. I have crossed out "and is optional" in sentence 1 because you gave the version without "and" as sentence 3.

Sorry, I was going to add it later because I was using my phone. One more question. You said "sixty-five eighty-eight" is also possible but can I use "and" in this variant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back