Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Is that sentence correct: In my opinion, it is important that every one has contact with at least one black person, so (that) they can see that blacks are normal persons, just like us.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
In my opinion, it is important that everyone has contact with at least one black person, so (that) they can see that black people are normal persons, just like us.

cloverleaf88

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
What do you think about the original question. Do I have to use "that" in the sentence or is "so" sufficient?

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
According to the dictionary, you can say: each and every one of us. Why is my sentence incorrect?
Your sentence had "every one", not "every one of us." The dictionary is right, and my sentence is right; yours is not.

What do you think about the original question. Do I have to use "that" in the sentence or is "so" sufficient?
Some argue that it's optional, but I would use it.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Is this sentence correct? "In my opinion..."
As it is, your sentence is self-referential. It's asking about itself. You need 'this' in any case.

Also, if you're going to edit your post making a reply look meaningless, please write in the editing box which bit you've changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.