Social media plays an important role in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moc Chi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please help me check and fix this .

Social media plays an important role in our lives. Social media is an online platform for online social interaction. Nowadays, almost everyone has become accustomed to social media, or let's say that socia media is one of our most important needs. People can easily do many things through social media. Young people are expects at using social media, even in school. There are several the positive effects of using social media in the classroom which include source of knowledge and learning, offers kindness and empathy, building relationships.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You have used "social media" seven times in six sentences. That's overkill. Are you familiar with the use of the referent "it"?

What is the purpose of this text? Was there a prompt or a title? What are you going to do with it once it's been corrected?

Moc Chi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
You have used "social media" seven times in six sentences. That's overkill. Are you familiar with the use of the referent "it"?

What is the purpose of this text? Was there a prompt or a title? What are you going to do with it once it's been corrected?
I use it like an introduction 🫠

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is it meant to be an introduction for a formal essay or for some kind of informal (or semi-formal) text/speech?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The OP has started another thread with an even longer version of the opening paragraph. I am closing this thread, though I fully expect most of our unanswered questions on this thread to simply transfer over to the new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.