Some girls want to get benefited in both kind of situation be it related to gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Some girls want to get benefited in both kind of situation be it related to gender biasness or not (they get benefited in a situation for being a girl and in other situations as well they try to take advantage where they cannot get benefited for being a girl). Some times they do get benefit for being a girl like on a metro if they are standing they ask forcefully for the seats reason being they are the weaker sex. But when a situation comes when they can't get benefited "because of being a girl" or "for being a girl" they say they are equal to men.

Please guys do not get offended. I do offer seats to girls or women myself but this is what people say so it is the reality. I don't want to vilify anyone so please don't get angry with me.

Please check my sentences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Some girls want to get benefited

Let's take this a bit at a time. Try again with the opening statement; "to get benefited" is not grammatical.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Let's take this a bit at a time. Try again with the opening statement; "to get benefited" is not grammatical.

Some girls want to get benefit in both kind of situation be it related to gender biasness or not (they get benefit in a situation for being a girl and in other situations as well they try to take advantage where they cannot get benefit for being a girl). Some times they do get benefit for being a girl like on a metro if they are standing they ask forcefully for the seats reason being they are the weaker sex. But when a situation comes when they can't get benefit "because of being a girl" or "for being a girl" they say they are equal to men.

What does it mean "
Let's take this a bit at a time"? Does it mean to go step by step one thing at a time?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, I meant we need to deal with your post in small sections. I wanted to start with the first few words. There was no reason for you to post the entire thing again. So, for now, I'm just going to deal with "Some girls want to get benefit". What do you mean by that?

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yes, I meant we need to deal with your post in small sections. I wanted to start with the first few words. There was no reason for you to post the entire thing again. So, for now, I'm just going to deal with "Some girls want to get benefit". What do you mean by that?

I mean they take advantage of being a girl. They get advantage over guys for being a girl.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK. So it's "Some girls want to get benefits". Let's move on. The next thing you said was "in both kind of situations". It should be "in both kinds of situations". What are those two situations?

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
OK. So it's "Some girls want to get benefits". Let's move on. The next thing you said was "in both kind of situations". It should be "in both kinds of situations". What are those two situations?

Some girls want to get benefits in both kinds of situations "{these are those two situations-be it related to gender biasness or not (they get benefit in a situation for being a girl and in other situations as well they try to take advantage where they cannot get benefit for being a girl)".

Please reply. You were correcting it step wise but stopped suddenly could you please check my sentences?

Last edited:

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please correct my sentences. Do I need to post it in as a new thread?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No, you don't. You need to be patient. There are other users and your posts need a lot of work.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
No, you don't. You need to be patient. There are other users and your posts need a lot of work.

Please answer otherwise you will forget about this thread.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I've read this (and its new duplicate) and I still don't know what you're trying to say. What two situations do these girls presumably use to their advantage?

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I've read this (and its new duplicate) and I still don't know what you're trying to say. What two situations do these girls presumably use to their advantage?

Some times they do get benefit of being a girl like on a metro if they are standing they ask forcefully for the seats reason being they are the weaker sex. But when a situation comes when they can't get benefited "because of being a girl" or "for being a girl" they say they are equal to men.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
But when a situation comes when they can't get benefited "because of being a girl" or "for being a girl" they say they are equal to men.
That doesn't make any sense to me. Try rephrasing it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you talking about the hypocrisy demonstrated by a woman who wants equal pay at work (to be paid the same as her male colleagues, suggesting that she believes there should be no difference between the sexes) but expects to be offered a seat on a bus purely because she is a woman (thereby suggesting that there is/should be a difference between the sexes)?

Such a woman wants "the best of both worlds" or "to have her cake and eat it".

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Are you talking about the hypocrisy demonstrated by a woman who wants equal pay at work (to be paid the same as her male colleagues, suggesting that she believes there should be no difference between the sexes) but expects to be offered a seat on a bus purely because she is a woman (thereby suggesting that there is/should be a difference between the sexes)?

Yes, you got my point. Could you please help me correct my sentences now?

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Some girls want to get benefit in both kind of situation be it related to gender biasness or not (they get benefit in a situation of being a girl and in other situations as well they try to take advantage where they cannot get benefit of being a girl). Some times they do get benefit of being a girl like on a metro if they are standing they ask forcefully for the seats reason being they are the weaker sex. But when a situation comes when they can't get benefit "because of being a girl" they say they are equal to men.

Status
Not open for further replies.