Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello.

This is an exercise from the book Reading Challenge by Casey Malarcher. I need to describe my favourite season. I am not sure about my word choice. Should I use 'wear' instead of 'walk'? Can I say 'come' when I am talking about a season?
'I like summer (the) most. When the weather is fine it is comfortable to walk in light clothes. Summer comes early in May here.'

Last edited:
Perhaps:

Summer is my favorite season. Then I can wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts.

Perhaps:

Summer is my favorite season. Then I can wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts.

Thank you. I also wanted to say that I am not talking about light clothes vs dark clothes. I mean light not heavy but I am not sure it sounds natural. :shock: As far as I know 'the' before 'most' is optional. :roll: I should copy it into my notes because I always forget if it's optional or not.

Hello.

This is an exercise from the book Reading Challenge by Casey Malarcher. I need to describe my favourite season. I am not sure about my word choice. Should I use 'wear' instead of 'walk'? (Either could be used depending on what you want to express.) Can I say 'come' when I am talking about a season? (Yes, in the context you used.)
'I like summer (the) most. (OK with or without "the".) When the weather is fine it is comfortable to walk in light clothes. Summer comes early in May here.'
Y

'Walk' works only when we are talking about shoes'. Am I right? I thought 'to walk in light clothes' is wrong because people wear clothes but walk in shoes. And regarding 'light' shoudn't I use 'lightweight clothes' instead? Because I am not talking about ligh-colored clothes.

In the proper/more meaningful/complete context "walk" could be used for any type clothing. Your "walk in light clothes" would be understood to refer to any type clothing except shoes. But yes, you could use "light-weight clothes". If you would want to refer to shoes, you could say "light-weight shoes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back