Talk about one means of transportation that you often use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I have chosen a IELTS practice speaking topic and written a paragraph about it. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Topic: Talk about one means of transportation that you often use. You should mention:

• Where you usually go by that means of transportation
  • What the advantages of that method of travelling are
  • What the disadvantages are
And say if you think you will use that means of transport more or less often in the future, and why

Answer:

I often take buses to everywhere, especially to shopping malls, because bus terminus is usually set there. The advantage of using this mean of transportation is that it's easy to access. Bus stops are everywhere so most of the time, I only take one ride to get to the destination and don't need to transfer to other transportation. The disadvantage is that it could be time-consuming when a bus route contains many stops. I once took two hours to get to the destination, while if I use a train, only thirty minutes are needed. However, in the future, I'll take more buses because it's very convenient. There're some bus stops near my apartment so I won't be affect by the weather when I go to the stop. I hate walking in the boiling sun or heavy rain.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have chosen an IELTS practice speaking topic and written a paragraph about it. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Topic: Talk about one means of transportation that you often use. You should mention:

• Where you usually go by that means of transportation
  • What the advantages of that method of travelling are
  • What the disadvantages are
And say if you think you will use that means of transport more or less often in the future, and why

Answer:

I [STRIKE]often[/STRIKE] take buses [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] everywhere, especially to shopping malls, because a bus stop is usually [STRIKE]set[/STRIKE] there. The advantage of using this means of transportation is that it's easy to access. Bus stops are everywhere, so most of the time, I only take one ride to get to the destination and don't need to transfer to another bus. The disadvantage is that it can be time-consuming when a bus route contains many stops. I once took two hours to get to my destination, while if I use a train, only thirty minutes are needed. However, in the future, I'll take more buses because it's very convenient. There are some bus stops near my apartment so I won't be affected by the weather when I go to the stop. I hate walking in the broiling sun or heavy rain.
It's good!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For info, "in the boiling sun" is absolutely fine in BrE. Had the original said "broiling", I would have corrected it to "boiling". Just another BrE/AmE difference, I guess!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I"m quite happy with in the boiling sun. (American English.)

Status
Not open for further replies.