Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Some people view teenage conflict with their parents as a necessary part of growing up, whilst others see it as something negative which should be avoided.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

There is no doubt that conflicts between adolescents and their parents are happening. While some people believe these conflicts are destructive to family relationships, others argue that they are essential for maturing. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument and explain that I partly agree with the latter view. However, it depends on constructive conflict management.

Those who believe fighting between parents and their youth has a damaging impact on the foundation of family life. This impact may affect relationship breakdown, and as a result, there are more and more conflicts between themselves, which can cause teenagers to tend to break the law; for instance, teenagers catch driving without a license and permission from parents. Moreover, parents might adopt too many strict rules about their teenage behaviors. For example, they limit their teenagers’ access to phones and other media. And as a consequence, the whole thing can have negative results for both sides.

While it is essential that family relationships not break up with their teenagers, I believe that if the conflict between parents and adolescents is managed, teenagers could be developed their social and emotional connections. It is because they criticize any topics with each other and can learn how to manage their behavior in some situations in the future. To illustrate this point, when they conflict with their colleagues at work, they can handle disagreement and find a solution for this.

In conclusion, although family relationships are important as it is the basis of family life, I believe we should handle conflict constructively because doing so develops the skill of life.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Are you practising for a particular test. If so, which one?

niro1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello teacher
Yes, I want to prepare for the IELTS exam.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
There is no doubt that conflicts between adolescents and their parents [1] happen from time to time. are happening. While some people believe these conflicts are destructive to family relationships, others argue that they are essential for maturing. [2] This essay will discuss both sides of the argument and explain that I partly agree with the latter view. [3] However, it depends on constructive conflict management.

Those who believe fighting between parents and their youth has a damaging impact on the foundation of family life [4].

[1]: We use the present simple (not the continuous) for general truths.

[2]: There is no need for that. Your previous sentence covered it.

[3]: I have no idea what that means. Remember not to cram too much into the introduction. It’s supposed to be a brief general paragraph.

[4]: That is not even a sentence! It has no main verb. You need a clear and concise sentence at the start of a body paragraph. Read my replies in the links below to learn about that and about essay structure in general. After you’ve done that. Try to write a better topic sentence for that paragraph, and post it below. Do not write anything more for now.

https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/university-education.231730/

https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/school-education-should-be-free.242490/

Status
Not open for further replies.