Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi everyone

One of my friends told me there's a phrase for this kind of feeling:
It's raining with a bad wind outside the house(more of a hurricane or Sth like this), but you're in the house safe and warm and you're drinking a cup of hot tea while you're looking outside. You're feeling secure and happy in a way.

What's this feeling called, could you help me?

Thanks

safe and sound?

Nah.

I found it.
"Warm soup belly"
Have you ever heard it?

I haven't come across it in British English.

According to this, just a cup of hot tea doesn't seem to be enough :lol:

I think it might be a good time for some soup and crackers.
:)

I think it might be a good time for some soup and crackers.

:up: How much soup would you think will be enough to make everybody around feel lethargic? ;-)

:up: How much soup would you think will be enough to make everybody around feel lethargic? ;-)

That depends. How many people are we talking about?
;-)

The amount of soup I ate for dinner tonight would be enough to make a whole room full of people lethargic!

I haven't come across "warm soup belly" in AmE either.

The amount of soup I ate for dinner tonight would be enough to make a whole room full of people lethargic!
:up: With minus 18C approaching tomorrow, I could definitely do with some soup to hibernate till spring. ;-) (alas, I am begining to like that "warm soup belly" feeling :lol: )

You probably can get warm soup belly from things other than soup. (Who knows if that expression will catch on. It's definitely slangy.)

I prefer Jack Daniel's. :cool:

You probably can get warm soup belly from things other than soup. (Who knows if that expression will catch on. It's definitely slangy.)
As far as I get it, it's from a serial so obviously it should be slangy. As for its spreading all over the world, the expression seems to be limited to cold climates, but who knows? :)

Soup can burn your mouth. A terrible hazard.

Agree, but there's not much to be done since some like it hot.

By contrast, a traditional soup-eater can be a model of sobriety and steadiness but of course a lot depends on one's inner capacity.

Warm Jack Daniel's soup is possible, though probably not very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back