Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Could you please check this passage? Should I use the plural of "forest" and "the" before "trees"?

"I think every place is interesting where there are mountains and a forest." It's/they are interesting because there is calmness there. They are cool places, with squirrels on the trees."

By saying "there is calmness there" I mean it is a calm place."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you please check this passage? Should I use the plural of "forest" and "the" before "trees"?

"I think [STRIKE]every place[/STRIKE] anywhere is interesting [STRIKE]where[/STRIKE] if there are mountains and [STRIKE]a forest[/STRIKE] forests. no quotation marks here [STRIKE]It's/[/STRIKE] They are interesting because [STRIKE]there is calmness there[/STRIKE] they are calm. They are cool places, with squirrels [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the trees."

By saying "there is calmness there", I mean it is a calm place."

emsr2d2

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

"I think every place is interesting where there are mountains and [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]forests." It's[STRIKE]/they are[/STRIKE] interesting because there is calmness there. They are cool places, with squirrels [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the trees." If you are referring to "cool" as used for temperature OK, but I would use "refreshing".

By saying "there is calmness there" I mean it is a calm place."
My changes/preferences.

Last edited:

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I used "on" as I read it in one of the books, but I also came across examples with "in". When is it wrong to use "on"?

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Birds land on trees. Squirrels live in trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.