There was a call from my office in the afternoon yesterday but I couldn't answer that

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
There was a call from my office in the afternoon yesterday but I couldn't answer that because I was asleep at that time.

1) If I had put my phone in the hall rather than my room l, my mother would have woken me up when they tried contacting me.

2) I could have put it in the hall so that when they contacted me my mother could have woken me up.

3) I didn't put my phone in the hall. If I had, my mother would have woken me up when they contacted me.

4) Today I put my phone in the hall so that when they tried contacting me my mother would wake me up but they didn't call me today.

Please check my sentences(especially the last one).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]There was a call from my office in the afternoon[/STRIKE] Yesterday afternoon, my office called/rang me but I couldn't answer [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the phone because I was asleep [at [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the time].

1) If I had put my phone in the hall rather than my room, [STRIKE]l,[/STRIKE] my mother would have woken me up when [STRIKE]they tried contacting me[/STRIKE] my phone rang.

2) I [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] should have put [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] my phone in the hall so that when they contacted me, my mother could have woken me up.

3) I didn't put my phone in the hall. If I had, my mother would have woken me up when they contacted me.

4) Today, I put my phone in the hall so that [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] if [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] my office tried contacting me, my mother would wake me up. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] However, they didn't call me today.

Please check my sentences space here (especially the last one).

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.