Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
1) In my eyes and ears, these bonus tracks are easily the best on any Who re-release bar "Who's Next"; while the Who ain't no Beach Boys in the vocal department, it's still interesting to hear the luvly vocal harmonies combined with Pete's guitar crunch.

Source:
Is '1' grammatically correct?

"Who's Next" is the name of an album. The Who are a British rock group. By 're-release' is meant an album that has been re-released. Some of these have bonus tracks, as is the case with the album he is talking about here. He has misspelled 'lovely'... maybe deliberately... I don't know...

My problem is with: " these bonus tracks are easily the best on any Who re-release bar "Who's Next".

I was wondering if 'the best on any Who re-release' is correct. I have heard 'the best of any...' (which wouldn't work here), but not 'the best on..." or 'the best in..."

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
1) In my eyes and ears, these bonus tracks are easily the best on any Who re-release bar "Who's Next"; while the Who ain't no Beach Boys in the vocal department, it's still interesting to hear the luvly vocal harmonies combined with Pete's guitar crunch.
Some of the re-release albums have bonus tracks - there are bonus tracks on some of the re-release albums.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You can't expect anything better on the internet.
😊

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Did you spot that 'luvly' is spelt wrong?